littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
leave it at the door | c, skirmishes
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 6:06:53 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

route 102's towering trees extend into the sky like sickly green vertebrae, their branches interlocking and tangling into what feels like the skeleton of some giant, ancient beast. absinthe can't say that the feeling of being watched is a new one—tryptophan is always watching her, afterall— but there's a tension in her spine, carried through the brush of wind, that she's having trouble shaking off.[break][break]

this would be the time for a potential enemy attack, wouldn't it? god, what absinthe wouldn't give to see some pretentious, self-righteous league members try to invade rocket territory in search of any gain in a forever war. but perhaps that feeling is just a touch of paranoia talking, no more than the usual unhealed brain chemistry. after all, there is quite literally nobody around for miles.[break][break]

so absinthe thinks.[break][break]

as absinthe walks, her eternal watcher and most powerful weapon, a shiinotic named tryptophan, hops by her side, emitting a glow from the ends of its tendrils that spotlights the leaf litter in a diluted lilac hue. it keeps its large, round eyes locked onto absinthe, as it often does, perhaps only to make her insecure, to make her feel like a beautifly beneath a microscope. it has seen things that not even absinthe remembers.[break][break]

tryptophan unnerves her. it scares her. it reminds her of cole, and every terrible thing that happened at his hands. it is a reminder of the weakness that yet infects her, the memories of a man who likely didn't even love her.[break][break]

and yet it is the only thing in life she can trust, for tryptophan never changes. he only watches.[break][break]

that's why he joins her in the warfront. as a mirror. and as a weapon. absinthe shifts the gas mask on her face with a bitter twist of her lips.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- +10 mp ic post[break]
- +50 mp have your character's Pokemon symbolize or represent in some way, the condition of your character.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,164 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 3:59:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
rayquaza makes themselves a beacon of hope to the people of sootopolis now. they linger at the edge of freya's conscious, a steadfast reminder of their tangled bond, and beneath the slightly warm indifference is an honest concern as their avatar skulks low in a copse of trees so far out of reach.

dragons are lords and ladies of the sky, and to feel their chosen grounded goes against their nature, but freya is a hunter. she does not fear the brash that would clash at their defenses with fire and iron, as her own would devour them whole. 

she fears the insidious whispers that can slip between the cracks, the blight that can worm its way through armor and into skin. 

there is a bow at her side, wickedly curved and gleaming silver, but she keeps it tucked low, fingers brushing the ground, sometimes the azure scales of the companion that slithers beside her. aeris follows the stinging scent of fae; when they're near enough that they can see the glowing green gills of the mushroom, freya half-rises from her crouch. 

she nocks an arrow and hisses softly. her dragonair slinks off to the side, waiting, and freya warns while maintaining her draw, "this is an active warzone. leave."

or give me a reason to shoot.
close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2024 4:27:28 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

something in the air shifts. there is a scuffling, like the scratches of a spearow in the dirt, and absinthe mind prickles. it raises the hackles on her neck and arms, makes the blood beat in her veins. somebody is watching her, and it's not tryptophan. or rather, it's somebody other than tryptophan, which is almost a given by now.[break][break]

there's a hiss from the bushes, a malicious one, not the sweet calls of any native pokemon, or even her own lovely monstrous beasts. it sounds human. it is not familiar. all at once, the shape of a woman becomes clear through the thicket. a viciously curved bow is pointed straight for absinthe's heart. an enemy. a terror.[break][break]

and oh, she recognizes this enemy. perhaps not by name, but the battle at sootopolis had been formative to both her reputation and pride. a woman with this power isn't easily forgotten, and those dragged up, serpentine eyes only serve to solidify her place in absinthe's rapidly filing memories.[break][break]

a whip cracks in her spine as fight or flight kicks in. a breath hitches and catches raggedly at the breathing apparatus tangled at her face. one finger twitches as her fury transitions to excitement, and absinthe squeezes the hand beside her thigh so tight she hears the joints pop. she wants a reason. she craves a reason.[break][break]

her eyes crinkle and tear at the edges—with her mouth hidden, it is anybody's guess whether she forms a snarl or a wicked smile with her lips.[break][break]

she lifts her hands. they are empty. "i do so apologize," she murmurs. "it seems i have wandered far into a land unfriendly to me. please do forgive me."[break][break]

absinthe's pointer finger twitches. tryptophan hardly moves from where he is, does not tear his eyes away from absinthe's form, but the shifting of his body renders the air a sickly purple hue as SLEEP SPORE emanates from the myconid, aimed particularly at freya herself.[break][break]

absinthe craves the blood of dragons. more than she craves her own.

[break][break]

NOTES

- +10 mp ic post[break]
- +50 have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven